Blog Away Hunger

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I don't hate this.

2012 Civic, unveiled yesterday.

I was hoping for a *little* more dramatic redesign, but the more I look at this, the more I like it.

Now we just need a real 4-door Civic Type R in the United States. We missed the last one because we lacked potent enough gasoline, etc. I don't even care about the powerplant, leave it the same as the Si, I just want a factory lightweight with upgraded brakes and cooling. I am a ricer, I want RED SEATS.

I also want Champ White instead of this awful pearl white, but generally, I can't argue with the shape of the thing. They just took the last one and better-ized it.

Distressingly, the Civic will no longer be sold in Japan.

That can't be good for aftermarket support.





2 comments:

Bry said...

It's definitely not as hideous as the Civic hatch available in Europe and Japan. Honestly, it's not bad.

$EX¥ HAMMER! said...

It's pretty terrible looking to me after the last gen sedan actually had me considering one as a daily. So many conflicting design attributes, languages even!

The fascia screams Mk6 Golf to me. the A-pillar and roofline mimic the Prius (of all things). The lazy square-blended C-pillar from the Altima/Sentra does not belong here. Bumper cover and taillights look "melted." What the hell is going on with those side mirrors?

This highlights the reason consumers cited looks as the #1 reason they aren't buying Honda.

Blog Archive

Labels