Blog Away Hunger

Monday, August 23, 2010

New Old Thing

Two weeks ago I finally got something that I've been wanting for a very long time. I am now the proud owner of a C100 Honda Super Cub, I think it is a 1960.

It ran great when I bought it, and then I got it home and now it won't start. I think I probably have a bad ground somewhere, but I've been too busy with the MX73 to play with it. Did I mention that the Ruckus left me stranded also? I can't win lately.

At any rate, the bike is in very good mechanical shape and is cosmetically original. I'm going to fix my ground problem and ride it as-is for awhile. It's about 5mph faster than the Ruckus, clutchless 3-speed. Odometer says it has 23 milest, and it looks like the original odometer to me, but I'm not sure I'm willing to bet anything on it.







3 comments:

Unknown said...

nice, old school peds look much better in my opinion than the new school ones. Although saying that i do like the Ruckuses

daneastside said...

wow, i will look twice next time i pass a scooter on the road too see if it is vintage lol...

Boo Long said...

It's late 1962 onwards with that tail light.

Blog Archive

Labels